Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore wont restore my instagram,remote and twitter apps

I have a iphone 3g 8 gig on ios 4.2, it crashed yesterday so i tried to do a restore from a backup file that i made which worked it restored all my settings photos and apps except for the twitter, instagram and remote apps for some reason itunes wont restore these back to my iPhone it gives me a error saying that these apps are not supported for my version of ios, but the version of the apps that are synced with itunes are the "older" versions of the apps that are compatible with ios 4.2.

The other thing i wanted help with was if i restore my iphone and set it up as a new device through itunes instead of restoring from a backup will this allow these three apps to be synced to my iphone?

Please i need a solution ASAP as i use these apps for my work

Thank You

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:54 PM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2012 11:54 PM in response to Nicholas1985

ok so just to clarify for anyone reading this my remote,instagram and twitter apps wont sync back to my iphone 3g after my phone crashed it gives me a error saying that the apps are not compatible with my version of IOS on my iphone which BS bcause the version of the apps are the older versions which ARE compatible with ios 4.2 which is what im running on my iphone. i had this same problem with my twitter app a couple of weeks ago and all i did was uninstall it from my phone and re synced it from my itunes and then it worked but now that method is not workng. At this point i only care about getting my instagram back and working on my iPhone, so please i need help on how to do this i have tried a restoring the device to factory default and then restoring the apps back one at a time but i get the same error message this "this app is not compatible with your version of ios" or something like that.

So please if anyone has had the same problem and found a fix please list it here

thank you

Restore wont restore my instagram,remote and twitter apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.