Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any Spyware or Malware that can hack the Iphone's Camera .

This kid who I don't trust was over at my house and he took my Iphone for about fourty minutes. He also has access to the password to my home network. Could he have installed spyware on my phone that would have hacked it's camera and it's recorder in order to use it to spy on me? Is there any spyware that can do that? Also would he have had to Jailbreak the Iphone in order to do that? How can you tell if someone jailbreaks your phone. Would a program that could hack your phone's camera and audio recorder have to show up under apps? Also the name registerd to the Iphone under the "General" Tab in settings is my facebook username and I don't remember setting it to that. I did just perform a factory reset on the phone to be safe. The thought of spyware on my phone has been freaking me out, I would appreciate all input especially from an Apple Profesional.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:44 AM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2012 5:39 AM in response to Dave4_Mac

Yes, he would have to have jailbroken your phone to install malware. If you see an app called "Cydia", that would indicate conclusively that it was jailbroken. I would recommend restoring the phone as new using iTunes. It is your best shot at removing a jailbreak.

You should also change your network password, your email password and your FB password as well as passwords to anything else you've used from the phone. Put a lock code on the phone.

Your best defense against this sort of thing is to NOT give your phone to people you don't trust.

This is a user-to-user forum, by the way. Apple employees don't participate here. If you want to talk to someone from Apple, make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

Is there any Spyware or Malware that can hack the Iphone's Camera .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.