Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open/use iPhoto

Went to move a pic into iPhoto, and got the following msg.

'The photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto.'

I am using an iMac desktop, running Mac OS X 10.7.5 and have (apparently) downloaded iPhoto 9.4.2.

The next part of the msg is:

'Your photo library will not be readable by previous versions of iPhoto after the upgrade.'

So this scared me enough to call Support on 10/28. Was told not to worry, just do it. But I was chicken and procrastinated.

Now I see where a number of other users are having problems with photo libraries, upgrades, etc., and I'm really scared.

Should I just take a deep breath and hit 'upgrade', or is there something else I should do first? Or is this a problem b/c the

upgrade was designed for Mtn Lion rather than Lion? (just guessing.) Suggestions?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:24 AM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2012 12:28 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks. I came to the same conclusion and actually tried to delete my question. But if there's a way to delete a question, I couldn't find it. But it was late and I was pretty frazzled.

So I hit 'upgrade' this afternoon and it seemed to take about a minute. As far as I can tell, everything is hunky-dory.

Can't open/use iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.