Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upon launch, Safari 6 opens last pages visited, not home page

I have recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.7.5 and Safari 6.0.2. In Safari Preferences, I have set my home page, and I have set New windows open with Homepage and New tabs open with Homepage. Nevertheless, and in contrast to the behavior of Safari 5, when I launch Safari for the first time each morning, it opens with all the tabs that were open when I shut it down the previous night. Annoying! (Especially because I had to log in to some of those pages, and when Safari launches afresh the login is no longer valid, so I get an error message.) How do I get it to open a single tab with the homepage upon launch?

Message was edited by: Robert Grossman After I posted this question, Apple showed me similar posts, and I found the answer. System Preferences -> General, uncheck the box for Restore windows when quitting and reopening apps. This is a new feature of MacOS 10.7 of which I was unaware, and it applies to all programs, not just Safari. Apple, please note: "reopening" is not hyphenated. "Re" is a prefix, and, in English, pre-fixes remain un-hyphenated.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:18 AM

1 reply

Upon launch, Safari 6 opens last pages visited, not home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.