Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Touch won't synch with Itunes

I have one of the first generation ipad touch's and recently I got the message "this ipod cannot be used bacause the required software is not installed. Run the itunes installer to remove itunes, then install the 64 bit version of itunes". I have a pc, not a MAC. I have tried everything, including removing and re-installing the 64 bit version(many times) and still it won't synch. I assume the problem is loading itunes, and not with anything on my ipad. Any suggestions?

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:55 AM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2012 9:51 AM in response to lllaass

Yes I did. As additional information, when I re-loaded itunes this morning after uninstalling what I previously loaded, I get a message during the installation that says "Service Apple Mobile Device (Apple Mobile device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient priveleges to start system services". and then it asks if I want to abort, or ignore. I ignored and it then will tell me that itunes was successfully loaded but clearly, there is a problem.

Ipad Touch won't synch with Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.