Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

convert, office, outlook, .pst

I joined Apple, and just bought a new MBA and Imac and threw away all former laptops and desktops.

me very happy with Apple!.

but I also bought Offfice software package for Mac.

How do i convert .ost files to .pst files so i can open them in Outlook on my Apple?

or do i need to bouy or download specific software?

thx.

B.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), outlook, .ost. convert to .pst

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:02 AM

21 replies

Jul 14, 2017 3:42 AM in response to B-Dutch

Convert OST to PST is a powerful and effective third party solution, allows its user to recover data from corrupt or damaged Exchange OSt file and to restore them into a new or existing PST file format safely. Apart from that users can also restore recovered data into many other popular file formats, such as, EML, MSG, RTF, TXT, PDF, HTML, MHTML, MBOX and DBX. To get more information about the software, visit- http://www.osttopstconverter-tool.com/

Nov 16, 2012 8:06 AM in response to B-Dutch

B-Dutch

ost file is Exchange cached database. Those are difficult to convert (import) and you will need 3rd party expensive software to do so.

However, if you have ost files it is very likely you still have the Exchange account. You should not have to use ost files and just conenct your Outlook or Mail on your MBA and all emails, contacts, calendars and notes should be downloaded.

If you have no longer access to your Exchange and you are just left with ost files let me know and I will point you into the right direction.

TZ

Nov 16, 2012 8:22 AM in response to tzbikowski

hi,

thx for fast reply!

1) i have various .pst files, which i can open without any problems within Outlook in my new MBA.

2) you are right.. my problem... my challlenge!! .. is currently the .ost file on my home-offcie standalone laptop.

I am leaving my company within 2 weeks. I can still connect to server but i assume i need to be in the office.

3) but what then when i am in office and connected.

I still just see the .ost file, on my connected laptop and i do not know how to convert to .pst?

4)

I found this website, but i have a feeling i will download alot of viruses...

www.ostfile.com

thx.

Nov 16, 2012 8:26 AM in response to B-Dutch

three ways forward:

1. Take your MacBook to the office and sync with the Exchange in the office

2. Even better is you have access to that Exchange remotely (from home)

3. You can always export those Exchange email boxes into pst files while you are in the office.

Bottom line is to forget about ost file. As long as you have access to the Exchange - this is all you should focus on.
ost is just a cached file with copies of your emails. Just get them from the Exchange directly onto your MBP or use your office computer to export pst files.

Let me know if you need more help

TZ

Mar 30, 2014 5:40 AM in response to zabiamarcus

zabiamarcus wrote:

OST to PST converter program successfully recover OST file data and convert OST file to PST file within seconds. Without any harm you can repair OST file mailbox and export OST file to PST file using OST PST exporter program. Software works on all versions of Outlook OST file and save OST mailbox as new PST swiftly.

http://www.exportosttopst.org/

This App costs $85.00

May 1, 2014 5:42 AM in response to B-Dutch

With OST to PST software you can access your inaccessible OST data in readable mode. OST to PST converter tool gives you best result and convert OST to PST file with all folders of OST file like :- inbox , outbox, sent items, and etc. This software works with advances methods and also export OST emails into EML,MSG and HTML format .

More Info - OST to PST

convert, office, outlook, .pst

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.