Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i activate my iPhone?

the message comparing su my iphone is that i can't activate it because the server is'nt available. how can i proceed to activate it? should i try until it is available or should do something else? thank for zour ansers

iPhone 3G

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:33 AM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2012 8:39 AM in response to sharonroly

That error sometimes means that the server is actually down, but most often it is caused either by your antivirus or firewall blocking access to gs.apple.com, or you have used your computer at some time in the past to hack or jailbreak some device running iOS (not necessarily the phone with the problem) and your hosts database on your computer is corrupted.

how can i activate my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.