Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install printer paper profiles; where is the library folder?

(YET AGAIN I am here asking a really basic question about something that is really straightforward in Windows); I downloaded some printer paper profiles for my Epson printer, but cannot find ANY way to actually install them onto the Mac / into the right directory so the printer will see them. They are just sitting in the Finder window right now, doing nothing. cannot open them or get them anywhere they can actually be used. I tried searching but all I found was an article telling me to drag them into 'Library' - but 'Library' does not exist on my Mac! I've looked under 'Go' , & tried searching for it, but it's not there; it doesn't seem to exist.

Can anyone plrease advise me:

- Where do I store printer paper profiles?

- Where is this 'library' folder, if it exists at all?

Why oh why oh why is every single thing so absurdly complicated with Macs...??!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:16 PM

5 replies

Nov 16, 2012 12:25 PM in response to AliWonder

Go -> Computer and open your hard drive and then the Library folder. Normally printer profiles go in harddrive/Library/ColorSync/Profiles, unless your documentation tells you otherwise. Many Epson paper profiles, at least the ones Epson themselves provide, have an installer that puts them there automatically. It's really only complicated if the developer makes you do it manually and doesn't give you accurate instructions.

Regards.

Nov 16, 2012 1:11 PM in response to varjak paw

The Brilliant Museum 'Silver Gloss White'. I just tried to 'fix' the 'bad string' errors; it told me it had fixed them; I clicked on 'photoshop manages colours' in the print dialogue box & found the paper profile in the list that comes up. But I cannot work out how to disable the printer settings in 'print settings'; it tells me 'remember to disable the printer's coloiur management' - but how do I do this? Not clear at all; the print settings box still shows me it thinks it's printing with Epson glossy paper. The print dialogue boxes are a real muddle. I tried printing an image & it came out really awful; horribly over saturated & sort of 'burnt out'.

I used this paper with no problem at all with my old Windows PC (oh the days when life was simple...!)

Nov 16, 2012 1:33 PM in response to AliWonder

If Photoshop is managing the color, this would then seem to be a Photoshop issue, so you might have better luck looking for further assistance in Adobe's forums for Photoshop. You appear to have the issue with the profiles themselves worked out.

it tells me 'remember to disable the printer's coloiur management' - but how do I do this?

Your printer documentation should address this. Your printer may or may not have its own color management.

Regards.

Cannot install printer paper profiles; where is the library folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.