Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages always prints envelopes upside down

When using Pages to print envelopes, my HP laserjet always prints the envelope upside down. Apple and HP indicate I shoudl feed the envelopes with the top to the right. This works properly with everyother piece of software I have used

I know, when I use Pages I could just change the orientation of the envelope in the envelope feed slot, or check "reverse page orientation" in the Print dialog (so the envelope is upside down in the print preview.) But I'd prefer not to have to remember random procedures to accomodate software malfunctions. Is there some preference I can set in Pages (or something) to fix this so it works correctly?

PS.I hate to post this as a question, but the Apple Support Communities (SW platform, not the people 🙂) has sort of forces this.

Why in the world does it present "Ask a question" as the main option. Initially I skipped that, but the community search funcion really *****. Searching is incredibly non-intuitive and poorly targeted (If I'm in the pages section why is it giving me totally unrelated results from unrelated sections?

Get on the ball Apple. You broke the "Support Communities" website and the OS X built in "Help Center" years ago, and still haven''t fixed them.

Thank God for all the helpful Mac users out there, because Apple's help and support efforts (Help platforms, manuals, etc.) seem to have fallen by the wayside.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:45 PM

Hi John,

No help on your actual question, but some comments on the search function here.

Search offers the choice of limiting the searsch to a specific community/forum when the first results are presented. You can also limit the search to a specific user.

The basic search is a keyword search, and turns up any post that has that keyword in it (with some weighting added by then software). Searches search for "Any" of the terms included in the query unless you limit the results using commands such as AND or NEAR. Not all that intuitive, I'll agree.

One other feature of the ASC site is the 'related' topics list, "More Like This," that appears after you've submitted a query. You'll find the list to the right of the message(s) in the community. A click opn the (green) checked items will often provide a solution to your(well described) issue.

None marked 'solved' on the list at this time, but some worth exploring for hints or a solution.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2012 9:45 PM in response to JohnW

Hi John,

No help on your actual question, but some comments on the search function here.

Search offers the choice of limiting the searsch to a specific community/forum when the first results are presented. You can also limit the search to a specific user.

The basic search is a keyword search, and turns up any post that has that keyword in it (with some weighting added by then software). Searches search for "Any" of the terms included in the query unless you limit the results using commands such as AND or NEAR. Not all that intuitive, I'll agree.

One other feature of the ASC site is the 'related' topics list, "More Like This," that appears after you've submitted a query. You'll find the list to the right of the message(s) in the community. A click opn the (green) checked items will often provide a solution to your(well described) issue.

None marked 'solved' on the list at this time, but some worth exploring for hints or a solution.

Regards,

Barry

Pages always prints envelopes upside down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.