Previous 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next 182 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 8:57 PM by babowa Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • ampdeck Level 1 (0 points)

    thunderbolt firmware update 1.1 is now available... hope this fix the issue for external display using HDMI minidisplay port


    will try to apply the upate later


    im currently using 10.8.2 build 12C60

  • petegas4life Level 1 (0 points)

    As this thread is getting huge, I want to remind people that this update available here WILL install to the new Mac Mini shipped with 10.8.1.  I know a number of people did this last week, could anyone care to mention if they had had any problems since?  I'm getting really sick of not being able to access my iPhoto library because I can't update iPhoto.


  • sambou2 Level 1 (5 points)

    I used the same link to update my late 2012 mac mini from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 a week ago and everything is working like a charm. Apple is very rich now and they would not care at all about us but what they seem to forget is when you are nice to people on your way up they will be nice to on your way down. not even a word to consumers.

  • publicme Level 1 (0 points)

    its working awesome for me too. ive had no problems whatsoever, been using it for more than 10 days now. I used the same link to update

  • petegas4life Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks for letting me / us know.  I just pulled the trigger too.  Update went smooth, supplemental update installed, iphoto updated, all is good.  I now have the machine I should have had last week.  The lack of anything on this from Apple for over a week and a half now has certainly marred the experience of a nice new mini.

  • PouyaBaratian Level 1 (0 points)

    Solved my problem thanks , who knew softpedia has the cure not apple lol

  • nicolas.jurado Level 1 (0 points)

    Every link has a problem witj your brand new mac. The first one has problem with sone sceipt in java. And damage your flash storage and make your mac slow.. We really need to wait to Apple or our maca will be just trash

  • sca Level 1 (0 points)

    That's the question I was thinking about!


    Why Apple did not make it avaiable yet?


    Despite positite results from some of us, could this harm my/our mac in any way since I/we do not know the source of dmg file? Am I wrong?

  • thesaint_dfw Level 1 (0 points)

    Had a word with Apple about iPhoto not updating and they said to keep an eye on the update as its the only solution as of now. There is a reason why Apple has pulled the update. May be drivers or something and I think we need to wait for them to release the update. I agree that they should come forward and acknowledge. But, except major debacles, they have never come forward in accepting any mistakes.


    Also, if we update to 10.8.2 using this link, how would we patch to the update when Apple fixes things and releases 10.8.2? Am thinking there would be a conflict and more problems to follow.

  • jftessier Level 1 (0 points)

    If you have gotten your 2012 Mac updated to 10.8.2 you can then apply the Supplement 2.0 patch to fix the problems that presumably caused Apple to pull the 10.8.2. updater in the first place.


    You can find it here:




  • petegas4life Level 1 (0 points)

    After doing the update, the supplemental 2.0 patch and all other updates come down fine from the app store. 


    My guess is the only problem and the reason it was pulled was the keychain; I noticed after going to 10.8.2 (before I applied the supplemental) that I had to re-enter a number of passwords that should have been saved in the keychain, for example in Mail.


    Anyway if you're willing to keep waiting and waiting, cool, but the fact that people are reporting no issues after a week was good enough for me.  As for not knowing the source of the file, etc., this is just the update that was pulled.  Sure I guess there is an extremely remote chance that some enterprising hacker managed to repackage a working update for this extremely unique case with some malware but that is just way too unlikely especially given the timeframe (and Little Snitch isn't reporting anything funny).  And if not, and if there is a problem, Apple will simply address it in a future update (if they haven't already in supplemental 2.0)

  • vcdiaz Level 1 (10 points)

    As many others, I used the link at softpedia also, with positive results. I was able to update iphoto and apply supplemental update 2.0.


    I only encountered a minor issue with the screensaver, but was able to resolve based on the suggestions of this thread.

  • LJB Level 1 (125 points)

    It appears I've finally had luck making my late 2012 Mac Mini upgrade to 10.8.2 with the softpedia download, and then the Mountain Lion supplemental patch. Very weird and annoying way to have to go about things, and I'm hugely disappointed in Apple. Anyway, I subsequently was able to update my iPhoto and Aperture libraries, and then download the new iTunes and an update to Safari.


    I don't know if I'll have issues with screensaver savings. Will post if I do.

  • thesaint_dfw Level 1 (0 points)

    Looks like Apple has released the update. Can anyone who is near their Mac confirm this please?


  • sgreppo Level 1 (0 points)

    Yes, they seemed to have waited for Itunes 11 which is being updated at the same time.

    I am downloading this now.  885 mo.