Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Zone support

I understand the basic gist of time zone support as it is pretty straight forward, but I'm constantly finding myself confused when I use time zone support when I travel. For instance, I use EDT and sometimes put events in my calendar that I know I'll have while I'm traveling. If I put an event in my calendar for 2:00 pm because that is when the event is supposed to start, but the event is taking place in California, the event shows up in my calendar at 11:00 am and I get all confused as to when my events are actually supposed to start.

Is the best policy to figure out what the adjusted time is supposed to be and make the adjustment beforehand, or is it best to turn off time zone support? It gets really confusing when trying to add events to your calendar when the events take place in different time zones.

Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated

Mac

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:02 PM

There are no replies.

Time Zone support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.