Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S battery life

Battery life draining

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, Battery life

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:06 PM

20 replies

Feb 3, 2013 6:38 AM in response to Kgranty

iPhone 4s battery draining quick/no sound after restart/ iOS 6.1

I bought my first iPhone 4S thirteen months ago (Jan 2012). After upgrading iOS to 6.01 and now 6.1 I have discovered some strange and nasty behaviours.

The first noticeable thing is the iPhone restarts itself after every shutdown and don't play any sound at all (no sound when using the keyboard, no sound from music app) and no sound control with external buttons. But the ring sound function is working normaly !

I have cleaned the connector with a toothbrush but I think dust into the connector is not the cause of problem in my case.

After 3 to 5 minutes, the sound function is back again without doing anything !

The only way the iPhone stay off after shutdown is when it's plugged on a power source with a computer or a charger.

And the last noticeable effect after iOS updating is the fast battery draining, 1 per cent every 2 or 3 minutes, even when the phone is supposed to be on sleep mode. Last night i left the iPhone sleeping with 100% charge in Airplane mode and six hours after i found the battery was at 80% !

It seems the iPhone don't sleep at all and some processes are always running in the background even if they shouldn't. I can confirm this checking the usage stats, finding that standby time is very closed to the usage time (few minutes less for usage).

I made many tests and four restore procedures, including restoring the iPhone as new in two opportunities. No solution at all !

Now, i am using my iPhone 4S in a very conservative way, as i have to turn OFF the 3G, GPS, WIFI, Exchange, Push, Bluetooth and iCloud funtions to be able to use the phone basic functions during a working day !

In conclusion, i think we (because many iPhone 4S users are concerned) are facing :

- a defective hardware

and/or

- a buggy iOS 6.01 or 6.1

In all cases, APPLE is responsible for fixing this situation.

I pledge firstly for a one year extension of warranty period and the launching of an exchange program.

I think we (iPhone 4S users) also need a technical assessment to know what are exactly the buggs inside iOS 6 that produce such battery draining.

I hope APPLE will communicate soon on these matters !

Best regards

Denis

Feb 16, 2013 10:50 AM in response to Kgranty

Hello,

I am currently an owner of an Ipod Touch 4th generation. I see you are having problems with your Ipod Touch/Ipad/Iphone/Ipod Classic, so I will try to find a solution to your problem.🙂

Quoting Sbailey4:

1. Do the IOS 6.0.1 update (or any other update)
  2. Reset All Settings: SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET>RESET ALL SETTINGS
  3. Use it until it dies (automatically shuts off)
  4. Plug into Charge
  5. Leave it 1.5 hours or longer after it reaches 100% --> Undisturbed (preferably overnight)
  6. Give it a few days to Calibrate

This has helped me on my Ipod Touch 4th generation, running IOS 6.0.1

Hope that helps!

If none of the above solutions work, can you please respond back ASAP as I will try to find another solution to your problem (This might even help others with the same problem!)

Cheers!

Pizza98704

Feb 18, 2013 3:11 PM in response to Kgranty

Hi,

I am also having battery problems probably in the last 4 weeks. My phone is just not holding its charge. It was fully charged when I was going to bed, when i woke up the next morning it was at 12% that's just not right. This evening my phone turned off, it was telling me the battery was dead, red battery sign, however when I plugged it into charger it came back on and said it had 50% battery????? I have to charge my phone 2/3 times a day!!!!!
I updated the software thinking that might help but it didn't. Would restoring it to factory setting help??? Or does anyone know why this is happening?!?!?! Its very frustrating !!!!! 😟😟😟

Donna

Feb 22, 2013 4:54 AM in response to Donnaphilly

Hello,

I am currently an owner of an Ipod Touch 4th generation. I see you are having problems with your Ipod/Ipad/Iphone, so I will try to find a solution to your problem.🙂

GUYS, I STRONGLY RECCOMEND ALL OF YOU WITH BATTERY ISSUES TO TRY THIS:

1. Do the IOS update (the one that is the latest, or if you already did or have it downloaded, then proceed to step 2)
  2. Reset All Settings: SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET>RESET ALL SETTINGS
  3. Use it until it dies (automatically shuts off)
  4. Plug into Charge
  5. Leave it 1.5 hours or longer after it reaches 100% --> Undisturbed (preferably overnight)
  6. Give it a few days to Calibrate

This has helped me on my Ipod Touch 4th generation, running IOS 6.0.1

Hope that helps!

If none of the above solutions work, can you please respond back ASAP as I will try to find another solution to your problem (This might even help others with the same problem!)

Cheers!

Pizza98704

iPhone 4S battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.