Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't reset my apple ID 's security questions ! The problem is, when the security question is forgoten, there is no way of resetting it by means of authenticating the users identity. I got a notice that my security question has been changed, which I did

gxfdfdhh

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:59 PM

5 replies

Nov 17, 2012 12:29 AM in response to khineminmin

If you have a rescue email address set up on your account then you can try going to https://appleid.apple.com/ and click 'Manage your Apple ID' on the right-hand side of that page and log into your account. Then click on 'Password and Security' on the left-hand side of that page and on the right-hand side you might see an option to send security question reset info to your rescue email address.

If you don't have a rescue email address set up then go to Express Lane and select 'iTunes' from the list of 'products' in the middle of the screen.

Then select 'iTunes Store', and on the next screen select 'Account Management'

Next choose 'iTunes Store Account Questions' and fill in that you'd like your security questions/answers reset.

You should get an email reply within about 24 hours (and check your Spam folder as well as your Inbox)

Nov 17, 2012 12:46 AM in response to King_Penguin

I can't reset my apple ID 's security questions ! The problem is, when the security question is forgoten, there is no way of resetting it by means of authenticating the users identity. I got a notice that my security question has been changed, which I did not authorized. So when I tried to access it, i can only reset my password (which I did), but changing the security

question (which is not the same as my old security question), requires me to answer a question that I never set in the first place. Also, the verify security question link sent to entirely different email which I don't know ..... I never receive the link to verify or change my security question ... ( I added itunes gift card , and when I tried to purchase an item , it asks me security questions which I have forgotten and hopelessly I can't reset it ) ( I have deleted my old gmail account , which I used to open this apple account )

Nov 17, 2012 7:51 AM in response to khineminmin

khineminmin wrote:

... I have tried second

method . It doesn't work

If by "second method" you mean contacting iTunes Support via email, that is the only option that will work.

Given no rescue email and forgotten security questions, your account ownership cannot be confirmed without human intervention. Apple has other means with which they can establish your identity.

I can't reset my apple ID 's security questions ! The problem is, when the security question is forgoten, there is no way of resetting it by means of authenticating the users identity. I got a notice that my security question has been changed, which I did

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.