Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete app updates

I keep getting updates for apps that I no longer have, have never had or just don't like the updated information.......I can't remove the ones I don't have so what do I do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 12:46 AM

One of the key things to check is where these apps may be. If you have a copy lurking in your system (backed up, perhaps) it will continue to show as requiring an update.

Check them out via Spotlight or the free Easy Find App. Then delete all you find once you are sure.

Fortunately, the purchase records will always stay on your account so if you change your mind and want to reinstall, you can.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2012 12:46 AM in response to linda63

One of the key things to check is where these apps may be. If you have a copy lurking in your system (backed up, perhaps) it will continue to show as requiring an update.

Check them out via Spotlight or the free Easy Find App. Then delete all you find once you are sure.

Fortunately, the purchase records will always stay on your account so if you change your mind and want to reinstall, you can.

Feb 6, 2013 10:55 AM in response to linda63

I, too, came here looking for a solution, but accidentally found the solution on my own.

I have an old HP4MV that still works reliably, so I naturally don't want to delete my HP printer driver software, just to prevent those annoying update reminders.

Here's what I've found:

When the update pops up, go to the Mac App Store (MAS), and Right-Click on the update **Name** - then choose "Hide Update".

If the update is grouped with another update (or other updates), you must first click on the small "More…" button/link to expand the list. Then Right-Click on the **Name** of the specific update you want to hide.

how do i delete app updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.