Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View face names and hide Adjustments tab?

1. How do I view names of faces within photos in Aperture when using Projects? I know I can go through Faces but my primary management of photos is via Projects.

2. Is it possible to hide the Adjustments tab, so that I only have Library and Info tabs? (thereby increasing the available sixe of the window to view photos).

Thanks

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:02 AM

2 replies

Nov 17, 2012 1:35 AM in response to Jerry Dammers

Sorry, "No" to both your questions.

The "Faces" name is not part of the metadata overlays, so you cannot add them to the browser or viewer. If you want to see the names for a particular image, you could select an image and type "N" - this will overlay the assigned names when browsing a project. Click "Done", when finished.

You cannot hide the adjustment tab, afaik, but make the inspector panel a little bit smaller by dragging the vertical double bar at the right border of the panel.

Or hide it altogether and use the Inspector HUD instead (Window > Show Inspector HUD H)- the HUD will float in front of your window and you can drag it to a place where it will hide nothing important.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

Nov 17, 2012 5:05 AM in response to Jerry Dammers

Jerry Dammers wrote:

1. How do I view names of faces within photos in Aperture when using Projects? I know I can go through Faces but my primary management of photos is via Projects.

You can use each of the two Faces interfaces with any single Project (or collection of Projects) selected on the LIbrary tab of the Inspector.

- Select a Project

- - "View➞Faces" will change to Faces view, but present a subset of the Library-wide Faces view, limited to the named Faces in the selected container(s).

- - "Metadata➞Assign Names" will change to a view with a Viewer (either Split View or Viewer view {I didn't name these 😐 }, with the Image in the Viewer showing the Face Label(s) and the Positioning Box(es) {ditto}.

It sounds as if this second method -- which shows the Face Label(s) superimposed over your Images, is the one you want.

Jerry Dammers wrote:

2. Is it possible to hide the Adjustments tab, so that I only have Library and Info tabs? (thereby increasing the available sixe of the window to view photos).

The inspector width can be adjusted. All three tabs are always present (you cannot hide any one tab). You can change the width by dragging the border between the Inspector and whichever view you are using. There is a minimum width.

You can toggle the Inspector to show/hide with the "i" key. You can also double-click the border to show/hide the Inspector. You can even use a floating Inspector, called the Inspector HUD. Show/Hide the Inspector HUD with "Window➞Show{Hide} Inspector HUD."

View face names and hide Adjustments tab?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.