Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanent lines on ipad mini screen

I have had my ipad mini for 2 days. I have noticed that there are permanent lines "burnt" into the screen. In landscape mode the lines are vertical; in portrait, the lines are horizontal. It is really noticeable when viewing dark images or films. It also shows up when viewing web sites on safari.

I don't remember seeing this at first but I've only just got around to putting any pics or films onto the mini. I would post an image but if I do a screen grab, the lines aren't there.

iPad, iOS 6.0.1, Mini 64gb white

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:54 AM

7 replies

Dec 30, 2012 7:35 AM in response to nobbyclark

Mine too. Ordered off Apple Online Store, opened box on 25 December, called Apple on 28 December, swapped out for new one at local Apple Store on 29 December. New one is fine. Guys at Apple store didn't argue and confirmed definatley a duff screen. I suspect you might be sorted now given the date of your last post...if not I'd get it returned.

Eh Dash...how long have u had it?..have u asked for a new one...sounds like you're waiting for a repair?

Jan 17, 2013 6:38 PM in response to nobbyclark

Quality control must be an issue for Apple with the iPad Mini at the moment. I bought the iPad Mini, but it had a nick in the aluminum near the headphones jack. I exchanged it from the big box retailer where I bought it without issue. The replacement iPad Mini had the permanent line issue. I didn't notice it at first but as I began watching video it became apparent. I exchanged it again, and so far the 3rd iPad Mini seems fine.

Permanent lines on ipad mini screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.