Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add "rule" to a table cell

Is it possible to make a cell rule as follows :

I have a cell with date : 31/7/2013

I want to make this cell in orange background 15 days before 31/7/2013 = 16/7/2013

And change the background color again to red 2 days before 31/7/2013 = 29/7/2013

Is it possible ?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, 10.8.2

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:14 AM

HI Ronen,

Use Conditional Formatting with several rules. Here's an example showing the rules applied to a series of dates before and after today (November 18, 2012):

User uploaded file

Numbers reads the rules from top to bottom, and formats according to the first one that is TRUE.

Regards,

Barry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2012 12:14 AM in response to rony-z

HI Ronen,

Use Conditional Formatting with several rules. Here's an example showing the rules applied to a series of dates before and after today (November 18, 2012):

User uploaded file

Numbers reads the rules from top to bottom, and formats according to the first one that is TRUE.

Regards,

Barry

Nov 18, 2012 7:44 AM in response to Barry

Thank you.

I understand your answer .

I use to see my dates as follows :

31/7/2013

meaning : 31 of July 2013.

1. Is Numbers can " see " this format as a TRUE date ?

If not , How can I change all dates to a TRUE formats when filing them into a cell ?

Meaning : When filling date , an automatic true format will be , instead of my false format ( Auto correction )

Thanks

Nov 18, 2012 10:45 AM in response to rony-z

Numbers takes its 'all numeral' date format from the setting in System Preferences.

The setting is found in the Formats section of the International pane. If your preferred setting is available in one of the "Region" sets, use that.

Mine isn't, so as you'll see in the image below, I use a "Custom" region, as none of the pre-set regions fit (all) the formats I prefer.

User uploaded file

Numbers doesn't handle this too well; it often flips the day and month when I change the format on an individual cell from 'Automatic" to Date and Time (eg. Jan 5, 2012 will change to May 1, 2012 if I re-format the cell), so I tend to avoid the 'all numeral' format where I can.

Regards,

Barry

Add "rule" to a table cell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.