Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto loading forever

I just upgraded to imovie 11 and it's taking forever to load my photos from iphoto even after deleting my videos. it's rendering the program useless

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:00 AM

2 replies

Nov 17, 2012 5:25 AM in response to anrhie2003

Hi

There are many things that happens when upgrading (Application and Mac OS).

And it needs LOT'S of time !

I would if in Your situation do all these steps - Not just one and test as things can get even more complex by doing that.

• Trash iMovie Pref file (In User Library / Preferences - Not Library on Root level (the one You see when opening Your Hard Disk - USE the GO function above if it is hidden (Mac OS X.7 and 8 - it is)

• Run Repair Permissions - Disk Util tool

• Start iPhoto - YES iPhoto - but keep down alt-key and cmd-key - and select a full repair - THIS WILL take Hours to do - BUT as iMovie in Start-Up tries to find Your Photos and Videos stored in iPhoto - if this has any error - iMovie get severely STUCK

If PowerBook (Lap-top) Keep Mains-adaptor connected - so that You not run out of battery.

Good Luck

Yours Bengt W

iphoto loading forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.