Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transcode .mov files in iCod-format

I have quite a few .mov files from iMovie that use the iCod format. I would like to (locate and) transcode all these videos to a more universal and space-efficient format. Are there any tools out there that can help me with this?

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:58 AM

I have never hear of iCod format, but a quick Google search leads me to believe that it may be another term for Apple Intermediate Codec.

If that is the case, you can use MPEG Streamclip on your Mac to convert to something else. MPEG Streamclip on a PC would not work for this, because there is no PC codec for Apple Intermediate Codec.

MPEG Streamclip is free and available at this link.

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2012 5:58 AM in response to Ayabara

I have never hear of iCod format, but a quick Google search leads me to believe that it may be another term for Apple Intermediate Codec.

If that is the case, you can use MPEG Streamclip on your Mac to convert to something else. MPEG Streamclip on a PC would not work for this, because there is no PC codec for Apple Intermediate Codec.

MPEG Streamclip is free and available at this link.

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

Nov 17, 2012 6:10 AM in response to AppleMan1958

MPEG Streamclip is excellent!

I can easily identify the offending mov-files by their size, and MPEG-S lets me transcode all of them in batch mode. My eyes don't see any difference, and the new, portable mov-files are 1/10 of the size.

Edit: Tried changing from "this helped me" to "this solved my problem", but it seems I can't. But know in your heart that you *did* solve my problem. 😝

Transcode .mov files in iCod-format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.