Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing artwork in iTunes

Is there a way to replace album artwork easily in iTunes?

My sizeable iTunes collection has become a bit unwieldy of late - and in my 'house-keeping' I find I have a lot of old, low quality album art I copied from the Internet and dragged to iTunes. It was better than nothing, but not by much.

Today, to replace album art I must go in to iTunes, click on the first individual song in an album, right click, click on "Get Info", click on "Artwork", click delete, click "Next", then repeat the process for every bloody song in the album. Once clear, I can ask iTunes to search for updated artwork, or if I must add it manually, copy and paste to the entire album.

It's long and tedious, and I usually give up after 2-3 albums. Is there a way for iTunes to do this for me? Is there at least a way to delete all the album artwork at once for a selected group of songs, so I can replace them?

Fred

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:18 AM

If you click on the first song on the album, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, then click the last song, you can "Get Info" on multiple items. You can then change the art for the whole album at once.

Even easier, you can also work in Grid View:

User uploaded file

Then you just click the album Click get info. Then change the art on all items.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2012 8:18 AM in response to Fred Thorne

If you click on the first song on the album, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, then click the last song, you can "Get Info" on multiple items. You can then change the art for the whole album at once.

Even easier, you can also work in Grid View:

User uploaded file

Then you just click the album Click get info. Then change the art on all items.

Replacing artwork in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.