Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to move 1000 photos from one library to another. How do I do that and keep the ratings and dates they were created?

I need to move 1000 photos from one library to another. How do I do that and keep the ratings and dates they were created? I tried exporting them, but it loses all info. Also, how do I move the quicktime movies from one iphoto library to another? They were exported as jpgs

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 6:18 AM

12 replies

Dec 16, 2012 4:56 AM in response to Yer_Man

IPLM has yet to reply. Basically I did as you describe in your video. I chose libary A (Default) so it has a black dot in circle, then I clicked on library B, found album to copy, dragged it to the black dotted library A and dropped it. It starts going thru the steps (Opening Library b etc..but then ends with same message about destination not existing.

I need to move 1000 photos from one library to another. How do I do that and keep the ratings and dates they were created?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.