Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio output in Windows 8 (Full Release) in Bootcamp

Recently updated to Windows 8 from Window 7 on my Bootcamp partition and now I have no sound output. I tried installing the Realtek HD Audio Drivers (2.70) with no luck. Has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone have a successful solution to this problem? I didn't see Apple release anything saying not to upgrade to Windows 8, but maybe I missed it. Oh well, hopefully someone here will have a successful fix or I'll just have to deal with no audio for awhile while Apple gets their stuff together.

Thanks for the help in advance!

-JesterXR

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 7:27 AM

13 replies

Nov 17, 2012 8:00 AM in response to JesterXR

I have solved the problem and here are the steps to take to corret the problem for anyone else experiencing this problem (it's really simple):

1. Go Follow this link and download the drivers for Vista and Windows 7 http://www.cirrus.com/dispatch/forms/sup/srch/DocSearch/DocSearchController.jpf

2. Unzip the zip file to a folder you'll remember

3. In Windows 8 press CMD+X (or Windows Key+X depending on your keyboard)

4. Go to Device Manager

5. Under Sound, video and game controllers you'll probably see two different "High Definition Audio Device" options. Right-Click on the first one and click Update Driver Software

6. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

7. Browse to the folder that you unziped the drivers (that you downloaded from the link above) and check "Include Subfolders" (if it already isn't).

8. Click "Next"

9. It will confirm that the new drivers have been installed, then ask to restart your computer.

10. Restart your computer

11. Enjoy your working sound!

If you have any questions let me know!

UPDATE: If the link above gives you an error here is a direct link to download the .zip file:

http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/lic/lic3.html?uri=/en/pubs/software/CS4207_WinV ista_Win7_32-64-bit_6-6001-1-30.zip

Message was edited by: JesterXR

Nov 21, 2012 5:59 AM in response to darrenc12pdg

Yeah, when I tried installing the RealTek drivers I got nothing. I really don't know the difference between the two. All I know is tht I'm able to at least get some audio until Apple officially releases the drivers. It may not be a 100% solution, but for those getting absolutely no audio, this should do for now.

If someone could explain to me why we need both Cirrus drivers and RealTek driver that would be awesome. I hate asking the question because I consider myself quite tech and computer savvy, but in this case, I'm stumped.

Nov 21, 2012 7:44 AM in response to JesterXR

JesterXR wrote:

I have solved the problem and here are the steps to take to corret the problem for anyone else experiencing this problem (it's really simple):

1. Go Follow this link and download the drivers for Vista and Windows 7 http://www.cirrus.com/dispatch/forms/sup/srch/DocSearch/DocSearchController.jpf

2. Unzip the zip file to a folder you'll remember

3. In Windows 8 press CMD+X (or Windows Key+X depending on your keyboard)

4. Go to Device Manager

5. Under Sound, video and game controllers you'll probably see two different "High Definition Audio Device" options. Right-Click on the first one and click Update Driver Software

6. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

7. Browse to the folder that you unziped the drivers (that you downloaded from the link above) and check "Include Subfolders" (if it already isn't).

8. Click "Next"

9. It will confirm that the new drivers have been installed, then ask to restart your computer.

10. Restart your computer

11. Enjoy your working sound!

If you have any questions let me know!

UPDATE: If the link above gives you an error here is a direct link to download the .zip file:

http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/lic/lic3.html?uri=/en/pubs/software/CS4207_WinV ista_Win7_32-64-bit_6-6001-1-30.zip

Message was edited by: JesterXR

And then

JesterXR wrote:

Yeah, when I tried installing the RealTek drivers I got nothing. I really don't know the difference between the two. All I know is tht I'm able to at least get some audio until Apple officially releases the drivers. It may not be a 100% solution, but for those getting absolutely no audio, this should do for now.

If someone could explain to me why we need both Cirrus drivers and RealTek driver that would be awesome. I hate asking the question because I consider myself quite tech and computer savvy, but in this case, I'm stumped.

So, is it solved, or not?

Dec 10, 2012 8:18 AM in response to JesterXR

After installing the windows 8 do not run boot camp from setup, but install the individual driver from the windows support folder. Do not install the programme, driver in NVIDIA folder instead delete this folder and download new one from NVIDIA Site some thing like 310 in its name and install. After restarting run windows support folder setup file but only after deleting the NVIDIA folder only. Every thing works. The culprit is the NVIDIA folder in the windows support folder. Enjoy Windows 8 on mac book air

Jan 4, 2013 1:26 PM in response to JesterXR

None of these options worked for me.. I got the Windows 8 developers preview , everything works fine , it also detected the volume when im playing a video , but i just cant hear it from my speakers nor my headphones , i know it is THE drivers issue because Windows is able to see there is a problem , its just not able to fix it... Anybody else know some other way to download some drivers setup that Will fix this?

No audio output in Windows 8 (Full Release) in Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.