Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've just imported photos that are misdated and appear out of order in my events. How can I correct the dates on these events so they appear properly?

I've just imported photos that are misdated and appear out of order in my events. How can I correct the dates on these events so they appear properly?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:43 AM

8 replies

Nov 17, 2012 11:55 AM in response to Yer_Man

Yes, I have corrected all of the dates on the individual photos. My question now is about the event date. My camera was incorrectly set to 2011 and the event created from the download must still be set to 2011 because althought the dates of the photos are correct, the event is appearlng out of sequence in my events.

Nov 18, 2012 11:54 AM in response to Old Toad

As suggested, I selected all of the photos but one and used the Events ➙ Create Event menu option. What "option to change the original files" are you talking about? Can you clarify?

Further, I exported a set of the photos (with corrected dates) to a new folder on my desktop with Kind = Original. I then reimported the the folder into iphoto. The new event created is again appearing out of sequence as the 2nd event in my entire iphoto library (in the year 2005) again.

Nov 18, 2012 1:30 PM in response to Old Toad

Yes, thanks. I had adjusted the original file's date and time to 2012 (btw... the modified file still shows the old date of 2011.) To verify, I repeated with another event imported from the same camera with the incorrect year (I have about 12 events imported from the same camera with an incorrect year setting.)

When I view the individual photo files the corrected dates appear. Problem seems to be that the Event date can't be changed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.