Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change/upload my custom avatar?

How do I change my avatar to the custom one? Not the one from these that are listed by default.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:38 AM

10 replies

Nov 17, 2012 12:20 PM in response to Munas

I had similar problems at first. I can't remember exactly how I achieved it but I don't think it related to my then current avatar. I seem to recall dragging the chosen avatar into an empty box and a second box appeared. That seemed to offer me a choice of choosing another avatar for that box. Suddenly the chosen one registered. Hey Ho!

This may not solve your problem but eventually it solved mine; honestly. 😀

Nov 17, 2012 1:16 PM in response to Munas

Hello again, Munas.

Just thought I would try again to follow my own tracks. Go to Your stuff > Profile > Actions (Change Avatar) > From the selection that appears scroll right down to the bottom of the page. My page shows a blue lined empty box at the very bottom and words in blue letters ... 'Add another avatar'. Click on those words. You will then find an invitation to upload an image (which will eventually be put into the empty blue box). Regretably I don't have space to go further without losing other images I have saved but try to follow this and see how you progress. Good luck.

Just crosses my mind. How long have you been at level 3. Perhaps the powers that be have not yet noticed and made the custom avatar open to you.

How do I change/upload my custom avatar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.