Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use multiple printers on the current airport express??

I would like to hook up multiple (3) printers for wireless printing using AirPort Express. Would also entertain AirPort Extreme. The printers are just too far away to make cabling practical and was wondering if the current crop of AirPort devices would support multiple printers through the use of an attached USB hub. The only other thread that seems to discuss this is from 2006. The salesperson at my local AppleStore did not have the info and suggested I come to these forums and ask the community.

I am running a MacBook Pro 17" 233 GHz Core2Duo with MacOSX 10.6.8

The printers I would like to connect are 1 epson Pro7600 wide format, 1 HP DesignJet 1220c and a Brother 1440 laser printer.

Thanks

Phil

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:39 AM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2012 11:49 AM in response to CTPhil

was wondering if the current crop of AirPort devices would support multiple printers through the use of an attached USB hub

Yes....if you use a powered USB hub with its own power supply.

I use a 4 port USB powered hub from Dynex available at Best Buy. Works fine. I am sure that there are many other powered hubs that will work as well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%22+-+4-Port+USB+2.0+Hub/2120061.p?id=121831496 8492&skuId=2120061

Can I use multiple printers on the current airport express??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.