Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated a friends Iphone on my computer but no backups saved please help?

I updated her phone to ios6.1.1 but none of her backups ares saved the last backup saved in the backups folder was from a month ago. Could it be possible that her back up was saved to another location.

I have had to set up her phone as a new iPhone cause the most recent backup is dated a month ago which is obbviously not hers. I was under the impression that iTunes automatically make a backup as soon as you connect it to iTunes and update it.

Please help

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:46 PM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2012 3:05 PM in response to Ingo2711

Also just to add that when the update was comleted I did notice that her contacts were there but none of her apps (I thought if I restored from backup it would also load them back on) so from Itunes I selected restore from Backup (But at this time did not have a option to choose one) and the phone started the whole process of installing again and when it completed is when I had the problem of not being able to find her backup only older ones of my phone.

So if I hadnt of chosen to restore from backup and just kept it the way it was she would of atleast had her contacts ect so is there a way of finding something for her phone since technically itunes did save some of her data.

Updated a friends Iphone on my computer but no backups saved please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.