Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 has no sound on some videos even though volumn setting on high. What do I do?

iPad 2 has no sound on some videos even though volumn setting on high. It happens only on Facebook video links or sometimes you tube.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:49 PM

This happened to me after iOS 6 upgrade. I had my side switch, by the volume buttons set to the 'lock rotation' function. You need to go back in to settings and set the switch to the 'mute' function again.

Then go back in to your app (for me it was playing YouTube vids from Facebook app), load up a video and un-mute the sound with the side-switch.

Bingo - sound is back. Then you can go in to settings again and set the function back to rotate lock if go want.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2012 12:49 PM in response to Eg17

This happened to me after iOS 6 upgrade. I had my side switch, by the volume buttons set to the 'lock rotation' function. You need to go back in to settings and set the switch to the 'mute' function again.

Then go back in to your app (for me it was playing YouTube vids from Facebook app), load up a video and un-mute the sound with the side-switch.

Bingo - sound is back. Then you can go in to settings again and set the function back to rotate lock if go want.

iPad 2 has no sound on some videos even though volumn setting on high. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.