Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not open aperture. Get this message "to open this iPhoto library in Aperture, it first needs to be upgraded. Verify that you have iPhoto 9.3 or later. Then open the library in iPhoto to upgrade it." I have iPhoto 9.4.2. HELP

I have done all the necessary updates. Just very frustrated.

Aperture 3

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:23 PM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2012 2:37 PM in response to EFrisbie88

Someone else recently ran into a similar issue. If you're sure you've opened the library in the latest version of iPhoto, try the troubleshooting steps in that thread.

The fellow in that thread eventually fixed his library by grabbing his DataModelVersion.plist file from a backup of his library and putting it in his new library, but your milage may vary.

Can not open aperture. Get this message "to open this iPhoto library in Aperture, it first needs to be upgraded. Verify that you have iPhoto 9.3 or later. Then open the library in iPhoto to upgrade it." I have iPhoto 9.4.2. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.