Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iphone 3gs 16GB ther is problem with restoring and i even tried to restore it but at the end of restoring it just gives an error code -1 and gets discoonected from itunes automtically......I dont know what to do now.

I have iphone 3gs 16GB ther is problem with restoring even tried to restore it but at the end of restoring it just gives an error code -1and gets discoonected from itunes automtically......I dont know what to do now.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:20 PM

Error -1 generally indicates a hardware failure.Your phone's broken. Buy a new phone, replace the phone through Apple or an authorised service provider, or find a 3rd party repair shop to attempt to fix it.

4 replies

I have iphone 3gs 16GB ther is problem with restoring and i even tried to restore it but at the end of restoring it just gives an error code -1 and gets discoonected from itunes automtically......I dont know what to do now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.