Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Wi-Fi isn't showing in the Sys.Pref./Net Panel?

Hi pals 🙂

I have a friend with an iMac, and he doesn't know how to explain his problem in english, so I'm trying to give him a hand.

He has an iMac, LED, 27 inches with Snow Leopard installed and 4 GB of RAM with the default video card. It's an stock iMac of 27" with 4 cores, in few words.

Somehow, the Wi-Fi Icon is not where it should, so he cannot connect his iMac with the Wi-Fi modem and the iMac only shows the AirPort thing, so he's connected through that.

Here is an screenshot:

User uploaded file

I have darkened a bit the FireWire connection because that's the icon which isn't showing on his iMac. It looks like his FireWire connection were broken or something abut configuration. It worked before and suddenly dissapeared.

Okay people! Thank you very much for your help! 🙂

Ø3

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:04 PM

3 replies

Nov 19, 2012 11:45 PM in response to sanjampet

Hi Sanjampet 🙂

I'm on my MBP now and the Airport Utility of the MBP shows his wireless internet connection, but I cannot do nothing after highlighting his Internet connection (no options or greyed out). I'm on Lion (latest version).

In his computer, with SL, when opening the AirPort Utility, the tool does the scan, but it finds nothing ¿?

Thanks for the imput!

Ø3 🙂

Why Wi-Fi isn't showing in the Sys.Pref./Net Panel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.