Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Had To Reinstall My OS On My PC & Now I Can't Sync My iPod

I had to reinstall Vista on my PC. As of yet, I have been unable to get my music from my Seagate external hard drive. But I was able to send my purchased songs from my classic iPod to iTunes. Only, when I purchased a few songs tonight at iTunes, I was unable to send those songs to my iPod. I keep getting a message stating that my iPod is synced to another iTunes library--obviously the one I had before reinstalling Vista, and can't be synced with a seond iTunes library. It just keeps asking if I want to erase everything on my iPod and put on it only the songs currently in my iTunes libarray. That is of course something I do not want to do! How can I reset my iPod to accept the current iTunes library as the one it's suppose to sync with?

Inspiron 1525, Windows Vista

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:09 PM

3 replies

Nov 20, 2012 2:33 PM in response to eeek!

Your iPod is designed to sync with only one iTunes library at a time. It will recognize the iTunes library on the PC as a new library. If you sync the iPod with this new library, all content will be erased from the iPod and replaced with what is in the new library. So what you will want to do is copy everything from the iPod to your new iTunes library on your PC first.

See this excellent user tip from another forum member turingtest2 outlining the different methods and software available to help you copy content from your iPod back to your PC and into iTunes.

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

B-rock

I Had To Reinstall My OS On My PC & Now I Can't Sync My iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.