error 3194 when trying to restore ipod touch...my daughter forgot the password and logged in too many times...now its disabled:(
7061 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 12:07 AM by AnaMusic
Currently Being ModeratedRe: error 3194 when trying to restore ipod touch...my daughter forgot the password and logged in too many times...now its disabled:(Nov 18, 2012 12:07 AM (in response to Steve3165)
Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow this article for assistance with security software. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.
- Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. FollowiTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See section "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information".
- Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
- If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points