Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Static Noise HELP! :(

I recently got my iphone 5 a few weeks ago, and I love it.

HOWEVER, whenever it is charging, and I have my headphones in, I can hear a distinct static noise, that usually comes before and after I play audio. Once the music or video is done playing, the static starts up again and seems to get louder when I touch the screen (to scroll and such). This is really bothering me, and I am curious if this is happening to anybody else? Will Apple replace this? This has been a recurring problem, but I doubt I'll be able to proove it in a busy, loud apple store.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:06 AM

4 replies

Jan 5, 2013 4:54 PM in response to navyinblue

Yes, I have this too. Have you got this resolved? Here was what I posted.

On the iPhone 5, with headphones, you can hear a slight static click just before a sound it initiated-keyboard opens, music starts playing, etc. If you are on contacts and click the keypad tab(switch between keypad and contact tabs is very evident) it also happens. You can also hear it quite well from the going from the home screen to spotlight search and back-of course mute has to be off and keyboard clicks have to be enabled.

Tried 3 different iPhone 5s, all there. 6 different headphones, all there. 4S has it but much less pronounced. Seems to be the audio amplifier turning on/off. I would have thought they could have eliminated the static popping noise a bit better.

iPhone 5 Static Noise HELP! :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.