7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 2:22 PM by Klaus1
SarnieV Level 1 (0 points)

I'm using Mail to send email attachments of jpeg images. The receiver is using windows but is unable to access them as they are embedded in the message. I've tried sending them as "window friendly atachments" and not, and they always end up embedded in the email.

Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • sanjampet Level 5 (7,760 points)

Drag the photo to the desktop and attach from there they should show up as normal attachments with send windows friendly. You can also convert to PDF which will slow things down.

• Klaus1 Level 8 (47,755 points)

Before you send the message, control-click on each attachment and select 'show as icon'.

• SarnieV Level 1 (0 points)

they show up as normal attachments on my mac - and when the email is replied to - but the windows 7 users can't save them.

• SarnieV Level 1 (0 points)

i tried making them show as icon too, but that just seemed to mangle them and make them really low resolution?

Is it possible it's due to the version i'm using? I've got mac OS X 10.6.8?

• sanjampet Level 5 (7,760 points)

I'm running 10.6.8 and never had a problem sending attachments to any of my associates who are on PC's, I wonder if the recipient has some strange settings going on. Is this aglobal thing with all PC users, or just one particular addressee?

• Jeffrey Jones2 Level 6 (8,615 points)

Some Windows email applications are stupid about the way they handle attachments. Try setting Edit > Attachments > Insert Attachments at End of Message. It also might help if you set your message to Plain Text.

• Klaus1 Level 8 (47,755 points)

SarnieV wrote:

i tried making them show as icon too, but that just seemed to mangle them and make them really low resolution?

Is it possible it's due to the version i'm using? I've got mac OS X 10.6.8?

No. I agree with sanjampet - the problem is with the recipient and his windows pc settings.

I have never had a problem sending attachments to Windows users, but I also agree that seding in plain text is best.