Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted python

I don't know how (or if I did it properly), but I have deletd python and now iPhoto won't open because of it:

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python

Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto

Reason: image not found

Can you tell me how to fully delete it properly to check its gone, and then how to re-install it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:46 AM

Back up all data.

Boot into Recovery by holding down the key combination command-R at the startup chime. Release the keys when you see a gray screen with a spinning dial.

Note: You need an always-on Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection to the Internet to use Recovery. It won’t work with USB or PPPoE modems, or with networks that require any kind of authentication other than a WPA or WPA2 Personal password.

When the OS X Utilities screen appears, follow the prompts to reinstall the OS. You don't need to erase the boot volume, and you won't need your backup unless something goes wrong. If your Mac was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you’ll need the Apple ID and password you used to upgrade, so make a note of those before you begin.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2012 10:46 AM in response to zachfromcupertino

Back up all data.

Boot into Recovery by holding down the key combination command-R at the startup chime. Release the keys when you see a gray screen with a spinning dial.

Note: You need an always-on Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection to the Internet to use Recovery. It won’t work with USB or PPPoE modems, or with networks that require any kind of authentication other than a WPA or WPA2 Personal password.

When the OS X Utilities screen appears, follow the prompts to reinstall the OS. You don't need to erase the boot volume, and you won't need your backup unless something goes wrong. If your Mac was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you’ll need the Apple ID and password you used to upgrade, so make a note of those before you begin.

I accidentally deleted python

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.