Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I shut down the computer on the advice of the cable company due to Internet connection problems. When I restarted the computer my screensaver appears , then a message stating my start up disc is full, but I can't access any part of the computer to delete

I shut down my computer on the advice of the cable company due to Internet connection problems. When I restart the computer it powers up and goes from a white screen to a blue screen and then to my screensaver with no visible desktop. A warning then pops up stating my start up disc is full, then the sign in box for password. After entering password the screen goes back to blank with screensaver only. I can't access any files to delete to free up space for the start up disc. I have tried disconnecting all cords. Any advice on how what I can do in order to access files to free up space for start up when I can't see the desktop?

iMac

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:54 AM

1 reply

I shut down the computer on the advice of the cable company due to Internet connection problems. When I restarted the computer my screensaver appears , then a message stating my start up disc is full, but I can't access any part of the computer to delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.