Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer iPhoto Library to new MacBook Pro, how to transfer iPhoto Library to new MacBook Pro

Just bought a new MacBook Pro (13" Retina display).

How do I transfer my existing iPhoto Library on my old MacBook Pro to my new MacBook Pro.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:07 AM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2012 10:11 AM in response to Gilbert Ruegg

Inside your Pictures folder is the iPhoto Library, Finder > duplicate it and copy it to a external drive large enough to handle it.

Then connect the drive to the new machine and copy it into the Pictures folder there, renaming it without the "copy" portion and start iPhoto.

It will sense it's a older copy and update it.

If you already have pictures in the newer iPhoto Library on the new machine, then don't replace the new with the old one.

Rather right click on the old iPhoto Library Copy and "show package contents" inside is a folder called Originals, duplicate that out and import it into the new iPhoto program, it will place the pictures into the new iPhoto Library.

how to transfer iPhoto Library to new MacBook Pro, how to transfer iPhoto Library to new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.