Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Issue - MacBookPro

Hello All ,

As you can see the picture below ;

my output device had stuck at digital out.

I'd tried tricks like needles,etc... they work for a while and the sound is going again after sleep mode or restart.
i put in a jack and out 5-6 times , everything turns to original. and on, i made cmnd-shift-p-r for to save it. Ok still goes well. After I inserting the headphone jack inside and remove it,sound disappers again.(digital output again)
I am about to get mad,please someone help me...

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), 15-inch, Early 2011

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:27 AM

6 replies

Nov 18, 2012 2:46 PM in response to sanjampet

One more thing to try, go to utilities, Audio/MIDI Set up, click output tab, highlight built-in output, then for source select Internal Speakers. Hope this helps. If you still have issues go to the Apple store, they diagnose problems for free, and if it is still under wrrenty, or you have AppleCare they will fix it. Sorry I could not be of any help to you. SJP

Nov 18, 2012 2:52 PM in response to CanGungor

I don't know what P-R means, if you mean a pram reset it goes like this: Power down, power back up holding the following keys: OPTION, COMMAND, P,R (no commas) press these keys before the start up chime. Continue to hold these keys till you hear the start chime 2 times, then release. Check your audio output, then reboot. Check again. if no joy take to Apple store. All the best.

Sound Issue - MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.