Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks vrs Bookmark Menu confusion and missing bookmarks

Can someone tell me why I can save to the root of bookmarks, bookmarks menu, and bookmarks toolbar in the iPad?

On Safari on the macbook I only get two places to save bookmarks. The bookmarks menu and the bookmarks toolbar.

User uploaded file

Trying to teach my parents how to use bookmarks on the iPad and mac and this is confusing them.

For example:

On the ipad they bookmark a site in safari. By default the first time the bookmark is saved it shows the "bookmarks" folder.

User uploaded file

They then go to the mac and open safari and go to bookmarks. They cant find the bookmark they just saved in the list. They cant find it because safari only shows the bookmarks menu and bookmarks toolbar when you click on the word bookmark on the menubar on osx. (Its normally there due to icloud syncing)

If you click on bookmarks icon/history or bookmarks show all bookmarks you see it there only.

User uploaded file

Can someone help me with this confusing system?

thanks

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:54 AM

3 replies

Bookmarks vrs Bookmark Menu confusion and missing bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.