(1) Download the Windows Installer CleanUp utility installer file (msicuu2.exe) from the following Major Geeks page (use one of the links under the "DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS" thingy on the Major Geeks page):
(2) Doubleclick the msicuu2.exe file and follow the prompts to install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility. (If you're on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 system and you get a Code 800A0046 error message when doubleclicking the msicuu2.exe file, try instead right-clicking on the msicuu2.exe file and selecting "Run as administrator".)
(3) In your Start menu click All Programs and then click Windows Install Clean Up. The Windows Installer CleanUp utility window appears, listing software that is currently installed on your computer.
(4) In the list of programs that appears in CleanUp, select any Apple Software Update entries and click "Remove", as per the following screenshot:
Next, select any Bonjour entries and click "Remove", as per the following screenshot:
(5) Quit out of CleanUp, restart the PC and try another iTunes install using an iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe) downloaded from the Apple Website:
Does it go through properly this time?
This seemed very promising but I'm still unable to download itunes
I did all things you suggested.
Now it says (after attempted installation) :
"the installer was interupted before the requested operations for itunes could be completed"
"your system has not been modified. To complete these operations at a later time, please run
the installer again"
It doesn't tell me why it was interupted or anything. I tried to run the installer numerous times and it's still unsuccessful.
Thanks so much for your help
Also thought I would mention I have an error code "-42404" ....whatever that's supposed to mean!
That one suggests trouble with your FairPlay.
A complete uninstall prior to the reinstall is worth a crack with that one: