Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photobucket will not load for me on Safari.

ever since the new beta update for photobucket started, the page wouldn't load anymore. I denied the new beta update for photobucket but since then my photobucket hasn't been working on safari. When ever I typed in www.photobucket.com it always glitches and the url constaly changes to beta.photobucket then back to photobucket for a good 3 minutes. After that it just says Safari can't open the page

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:35 PM

6 replies

Nov 20, 2012 3:39 PM in response to Ikadriana

Hey,

This is Derek from Photobucket. We have had a few other reports of this issue but we are still troubleshooting to see what is causing the error. We have not been able to reproduce this error on our side.

I have a couple quick questions:

What version of Safari are you running?

Are you having this same issue in other browsers? -Could you check so that we can isolate the problem to Safari..?

Thanks for taking the time to help us troubleshoot this.

Dec 20, 2013 3:59 AM in response to DerekPBucket

Hi Derek,

I still have this problem with photobucket 1 year later. For an example, sonyalpharumors.com use photobucket for their images. It regularly shows a missing image. (not always, but usually)

If i right-click & view image in a new tab i get "server not found"

If i refresh several times over, it will eventually work.

I am using Mavericks & Safari 7.0.1 - its a clean install with complete HD wipe.

I beleive it to be a DNS problem.

If I change my OSX DNS servers to openDNS, I can fix this issue with safari.

However, Firefox & Chrome on my computer do not have any problem, even using my default ISP given DNS. (eg: dont edit DNS in System Prefs)

I have the same issue at work with a different Mac & differnt ISP on Safari. I live in Japan, perhaps that means something, i dont know.

Photobucket will not load for me on Safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.