Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install apps on my iPod if it goes to installing then stops?

I am having trouble downloading apps on my iPod Touch 4th Generation. Here's what's wrong. I go to the app store on my iPod and go to an app that I already bought. I tap install, it says installing, then it stops and goes back to install. Sometimes I get an error message. MZCommerce.jmsSendError_Message So it never lets me install apps anymore. I am not sure if it is my software or the hardware. Thanks if anyone helps.

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.0.1, Just happened yesterday.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 4:52 PM

I'm having this same issue across all my devices. Same JMS error on the Mac.

9 replies

Nov 20, 2012 7:10 PM in response to jsenuta

I have had some luck on one of my iPads and one iPhone that if I keep hitting install sometimes it will install the app.

It seems to be more successful if I sign out of the app store, close it out completely and then go back in, select the app icon, not the update button, then hit update a number of times from the app page.

I've had some success this way. Got 5 updates on my iPad to work that way last night but my iPhone wouldn't. But today I got 5 of 6 updates on my iPhone to work this way. Not a great solution but until Apple comes up with a fix it might work if it's something you need right away.

Would be nice if they would post some kind of update. I do know there are some people that are not having this problem. Checked with some co-workers and they are fine.

How do I install apps on my iPod if it goes to installing then stops?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.