Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5G Lighting Cable "USB using too much power; disabled."

I bought a MB Pro 2012 and an iPod Touch two weeks ago and they just shippped in two days ago (I live far from the mainland)... MBPro has been running very well and so has the iPod, been using both alot since I got them. I came home this afternoon and plugged my iPod into my computer (also plugged in), synced it, and it charged normally for a while, I start playing temple run, and a few minutes later I look at my computer screen and a message is on the screen saying one of the USB devices has been using too much power and has been disabled, I unplug the iPod from one port and plug it into the one next to it; same message. I unplug the iPod and just plug in the lighting cable; same message. I Take the chord to my iMac 2007 and plug it in; different message, saying the same thing. I plug the iPod into my iPad's wall charger, no charge. I don't know if the cable is broken, how it is broken, or why it is broken if it is. I live far from the states and it will be hard to ship the item back. I don't really want to purchase a new cable, but if that's what has to be done for me to sync/charge/use my iPod I guess that's what I'll do. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks, Austin.

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 6:28 PM

There are no replies.

iPod Touch 5G Lighting Cable "USB using too much power; disabled."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.