Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LOST ALL PHOTOS IN IPHOTO, NEED HELP PRONTO!

I opened iPhotos and it said import library, i cannot find any of my photos. I just lost over two years of photos.I NEED HELP!

I have the most updated version of iphoto and software for apple.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:18 PM

11 replies

Nov 19, 2012 1:35 PM in response to LarryHN

All it said was import libary, i tried to find the libary all my photos were in but couldn't find anything. So i closed it out. Then i reopened it and all my photos were gone. It says "to get started with iphoto...." then i went to file import libary to see what other libarys i had, but i could no longer find my photos, or find any libaries.

Nov 19, 2012 2:16 PM in response to kellystewart

You NEVER import an iPhoto library!

As I sugested in the previous post depress and hold the option key and launch iPhoto - use the select library command - test each livrary that appears there

if you depress the option key and launch iPhoto and use the select library option what do you see? If there are multiple libraries test each of them

What happend when you did that?

LN

Nov 19, 2012 3:44 PM in response to kellystewart

What versions of iPhoto and system are you running? Did you perform any updates or upgrades just prior to this problem occurring?

If you open the library again do you get the same message? If so take a screenshot of it and post the screenshot here using the camera icon in the tool bar.

How big does the Finder say your library is? Big enough to still hold your photos or about the size of an empty library?

Open the library with the Finder as shown below:

User uploaded file

To to the Originals or Masters folder and check to see if there are any image files in the subfolders. DO NOT make any changes or any kind to the files or folders while looking inside the library package.

Let us know what you find in those subfolders.

OT

Nov 19, 2012 5:35 PM in response to Old Toad

I am running the most updated version of iphoto and software for the Mac, i have Mountain Lion. No all i did was open my iphotos and it said no libary found, either create new or other libary, it didn't have any libary selected. My mom clicked on the create new because she was playing around. I've tried to find other libarys on my computer but have found none.When i went threw the package contents i found no photos.

Nov 20, 2012 5:35 PM in response to Old Toad

I did find the LIbrary6.Photo but there was nothing, i also found Library.Iphoto and still nothing, but then i found a file labeled com.apple.Iphoto but when i try to open it, a pop up says "The operation can't be completed becase the original item "com.apple.Iphoto" can't be found." what should i do? this file might have all my photos because for the size its labeled 51.

LOST ALL PHOTOS IN IPHOTO, NEED HELP PRONTO!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.