Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a problem with iMessage?

IMessage seems to be down, any ideas?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:22 AM

I don't think iMessage is 'down' per se, but there does seem to be major issues right now and it seems to be related to iOS 6. My iPad mini is having terrible trouble with iMessage and from what I've read on the internet it seems to be related to iOS network settings; I've found that if I change wi-fi networks, iMessage seems to think it's still on the 'old' network and thus will not send/receive any iMessages.

I really hope Apple are working on a fix for this, it's a massive problem for me right now.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2012 2:22 AM in response to DeTavs

I don't think iMessage is 'down' per se, but there does seem to be major issues right now and it seems to be related to iOS 6. My iPad mini is having terrible trouble with iMessage and from what I've read on the internet it seems to be related to iOS network settings; I've found that if I change wi-fi networks, iMessage seems to think it's still on the 'old' network and thus will not send/receive any iMessages.

I really hope Apple are working on a fix for this, it's a massive problem for me right now.

Dec 3, 2012 10:32 AM in response to Jamie Kelly

I too am having problems with iMessage and there does not seem to be any fix whatsoever. iMessage works interrmitently on my iPad Mini, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Im connected to wifi and my imessage is connected with my apple id, just like my iphone which I have no issues with at all. I've tried all the usual steps to troubleshooting the problem, nothing works. I dont know if this is an iOS6 problem, again my iphone is working fine, or an iPad Mini problem.

Dec 5, 2012 5:57 AM in response to DeTavs

Problems for me too. iMessage on my usually reliable iPhone4 has now stopped working (I'm on iOS6) so I've turned it off. My wife bought a 4S about 2 months ago and iMessage has been nothing short of a pain in the arse so she's turned it off too. Pretty crap considering how expensive Apple devices are. I really think this needs looking at.

Is there a problem with iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.