Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 gets problem with iMessage "Waiting for activation.."

I have activated my new iPhone 5 but I'm stuck at the message "Waiting for activation.." from iMessage. That's happened to my phone number only.

I've bought iPhone 5 from Singapore Appstore and activated it in Vietnam. Running iOS 6.0.1 after restoring from iTunes

Please help me resolve this issue!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 11:32 PM

13 replies

Nov 20, 2012 8:39 AM in response to TungduyDAO

The issue comes from your ISP that they blocked your SIM card to send an SMS to UK Activation Center number.

There is an easy way to make this right absolutely. Just make a phone call to these numbers after turning on:

1/ To activate iMessage for your phone number: +445773142076

2/ To activate FaceTime & Siri: +447786205094

Good luck!

Jack

Nov 30, 2012 12:11 AM in response to bonmat179

Hi bonmat179,

Firstly, You make sure your SIM card is allowed to make an international call/SMS by your carrier.

Then You may try dialing to those numbers again!

Turn off/on iMessage&Facetime, and then make a phone call to it. A successful mesage will be come immediately.

Or secondly, Try with these numbers too:

iMessage: 00445773142076

Facetime & Siri: 00447786205094

Good luck & Warm regards,

Jack

Jun 17, 2013 8:57 PM in response to tungddao

Hi Jack,

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

I lost some hair over figuring out how to activate iMessages and FaceTime.

I even followed advise that helped others, mentioned here. Although I followed the advise mentioned in the link, I was unable to activate, I then reset and restored from a iCloud backup. Unfortunately I could not access an iCloud backup from more than a month ago, before I left for Thailand, where I got a prepaid sim that latched on to my iMessages and FaceTime account with the Thai prepaid number.

Now I'm back home in Japan and cannot seem to shake off the prepaid number from Thai.

Anyway, after the hard reset and restoration from iCloud, following many ideas online of setting date and time to automatic, I managed to get iMessages to register my Japan number, YaY!, however FaceTime was still not getting activated. I came across your solution and called immediately. The iMessage number worked I heard some automated message spoken in an British accent. My iMessages was already activated anyway...

My problem is when I dial the number to activate FaceTime I get a voice message from my Service provider saying "please check the number you have dialed" I tried all variations of adding "+" and "00" before the number. Nothing worked, even sending a message to the FaceTime number you mentioned, didn't work.

I figured if I could send a message and call the iMessages number you shared, I should be able to do the same for the FaceTime number.

I am lost and I need to fix the problem for peace of mind!

Request you to pleas share how I can get a hold of the latest numbers, if the numbers you provided are fixed for all iOS versions (I am on iOS 6.3.1), what else I can do to fix the problem.

Thank you so much though, I felt like I was loosing my mind till I understood how the activation system works!

Jun 17, 2013 11:22 PM in response to Jake_India

What a pity, Jake!

Did you try to activate FaceTime by using your apple ID (email) ?

If your email is OK, now plug your ip into a computer to sync with iTunes and then..

Turn off FaceTime, Turn on again with your new SIM card inside. Try a phone call to that number!

If NOT ok, stay calm! Apple server might be down temporarily. Just wait a few hour!

ELSE, bring your ip to where you bought it, ask apple staff to give you salvation immediately!

Good luck,

Jack

iPhone 5 gets problem with iMessage "Waiting for activation.."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.