Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FontBook corrupted ? adding back Fonts (Removed), Fonts Disabled

Hi everyone,

similar to many other people i got some of my fonts screw up after MS Office installation.

I tried to restore default fonts in FontBook, but it claimed that some fonts are missing.

There are no fonts in my ~/Library folders: Fonts, Fonts (Removed), Fonts Disabled.

However, there some in /Library: Fonts (Removed), Fonts Disabled which I would like to bring back.

So the question is - how to do it?

In /Library/Fonts Disabled i see Arial, Timew New Roman, Verdana, Wingdings. I guess all of them were disabled by MS installation

and then replaced by MS versions.

My FontBook however does not show me those (e.g. I see no Times New Roman at all, so I can't re-enable it).

I suppose FontBook database is corrupted, so I should restart with Shift in safe mode and then FontBook should be fine, right?

What do I do with /Library/Fonts (Removed) to bring in back in a propper way? Will FontBook also be able to see those and propose their restoration?

I would appreciate if someone could say with confidence what to do step by step to add Fonts (Removed) and Fonts Disabled back in use. I don't have a TimeMachine running (yet, plan to do it soon), and I use Mac for work, so i would prefare to minimize risks of messing the whole thing up myself 😉

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Denis.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:26 AM

There are no replies.

FontBook corrupted ? adding back Fonts (Removed), Fonts Disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.