Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not exporting photos properly

iPhoto 9.4.2.

When I try to export photos with the 'export' feature, some come out wrong. Sometimes the photo is almost cut in half, with one half filtered and skewed. Other times the photo is cut with a grey background across it.

Tried exporting to multiple formats, different quality settings and several times. I've been able to do this successfully in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:50 AM

7 replies

Nov 21, 2012 3:14 PM in response to Yer_Man

...the advised test was carried out but the results demonstrated did not coincide with the desired outcome. It was pronounced a failure and immediately designated as a 'waste of time'. The advisor was initially dissatisfied with the reporting of the test procedure, but should now adequately be able to recognise that there's absolutely no difference between "didn't work" and what has been reported today. As I said, "thanks anyway".

Apr 3, 2014 1:39 AM in response to Yer_Man

I have the same problem: occurs randomly but often. I have just exported a dozen images, three images have the upper left quarter of the exported image about 50% lighter than the rest of the picture. Other times there will be a square somewhere in the picture a different shade, other times it is stripes.

If I look at the pictures in iphoto, they appear normal.

I could not try your fix because the problerm is random. I did open a new library to see what happened.

Just one problem: how do I get my old library back when I open iphoto.

iPhoto not exporting photos properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.