7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 2:41 AM by Terence Devlin
ricf17 Level 1 (0 points)

iPhoto 9.4.2.

When I try to export photos with the 'export' feature, some come out wrong. Sometimes the photo is almost cut in half, with one half filtered and skewed. Other times the photo is cut with a grey background across it.

Tried exporting to multiple formats, different quality settings and several times. I've been able to do this successfully in the past.

Thanks in advance.

• Terence Devlin Level 10 (137,945 points)

As a Test:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Create Library'

Import a few pics into this new, blank library. Is the Problem repeated there?

• ricf17 Level 1 (0 points)

Tried it, but it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

You're welcome. As I said it was a test. "didn't work" is not very helpful as a report on the test.

• ricf17 Level 1 (0 points)

...the advised test was carried out but the results demonstrated did not coincide with the desired outcome. It was pronounced a failure and immediately designated as a 'waste of time'. The advisor was initially dissatisfied with the reporting of the test procedure, but should now adequately be able to recognise that there's absolutely no difference between "didn't work" and what has been reported today. As I said, "thanks anyway".

Okay, well, you know if you told us in what way the test failed, as there are many, many ways, then we might have some useful information to work with. And with that information we might - just might - be able to figure out how to fix the problem.

Good luck.

• Boltonjohn1947 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem: occurs randomly but often. I have just exported a dozen images, three images have the upper left quarter of the exported image about 50% lighter than the rest of the picture.  Other times there will be a square somewhere in the picture a different shade, other times it is stripes.

If I look at the pictures in iphoto, they appear normal.

I could not try your fix because the problerm is random. I did open a new library to see what happened.

Just one problem: how do I get my old library back when I open iphoto.

Hold down the option (or alt) key key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library'