Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This solution not working for me. Cannot see my devices in iTunes

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes MANY times over the last week and STILL cannot get itunes to see my ipod or iphone. I have downloaded the latest version, I have tried turning off Microsoft Essentials, I have tried installing old versions of iTunes first and upgrading. I have run the program CCleaner after uninstalling to clean off any remaining files.

I have found that when iTunes 10.6 was installed the Apple Mobile Device Services is not listed in Services and manually trying to install that fails and "rolls back".

I had installed 10.6 and when I tried to upgrade to 10.7 I get the following messages.

iTunes Installer Completed

The installer encounted errors before iTunes could be configured,

Errors occurred during installation. Your system could not be modified.

Please run the installer again, or click Finish to exit

I am running Windows 7.

Any help greatly appreciatted.

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 4:28 AM

3 replies

Dec 2, 2012 3:57 AM in response to jeoffer

Hi, I found the solution myself, the usb driver was not recognizing the device correctly.

For those having the problem of your ipod, ipad etc not being recognized/visible in itunes I found this solution on Youtube video fixed the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcVruKpZ2Uo

What the video decribes is how to get the computer to fix the USB driver for the device.

A bit disappointing that I did not receive any replies.

This solution not working for me. Cannot see my devices in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.