Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro image retention

I'm super disapointed with the way apple handled my problem. I bought a macbook pro retina display 15" two weeks after it was launched and I'm having problems with my screen since day one. Yes that's true the LG screen has image retention problems and apple replaced it already but for my luck i got another LG screen with the same problem. Last week I took it again to the apple store and they ran the screen test and said that the retention I'm seing is not a problem or defect but it's "according to specification" What that means? I would love to read the specification saying that the screen will retain images just like old LCD tvs. I', super disapointed with the way I was treated. The guy even raised his voice and said. "It's according to the specification, I'm not going to replace the screen" So now I'm stuck with a screen defective screen that gets worse everyday. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable!!!! Another employee was listening to our conversation during my appointement and asked me if I would recommend the computer. Before I left he said he had his answer and appologized for his co worker and the situation. I just want to share my experience and try to solve it some way.

Are you experiencing the same problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:38 AM

2 replies

Jan 14, 2013 8:48 PM in response to walkandre

Outrageous! The fact that any of the so-called Apple geniuses would raise their voice to you, most especially when this is a genuine problem that Apple has internally already admitted. Take it up the foodchain and call AppleCare. And don't take any kind of "No" for an answer. Every single time I've called them about this issue as well as others (one iPad-related problem),I have only ever had an extremely positive experience! Don't let one store employee ruin the Apple experience for you. Nobody working for Apple is allowed to raise their voice to you and besides, whatever happened to "The customer is always right!".

My $0.02.

Jan 14, 2013 9:00 PM in response to walkandre

See this long, long thread on the problem - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4034848?start=0&tstart=0.

Apple has had no problem replacing screens for others - time and time again.

You had a horrible experience. Go to the manager. Do, as suggested, and call AppleCare as well as Apple Customer Relations.

You should not be stuck with a defective screen.

Good luck,

Clinton

macbook pro image retention

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.